Your JCSE VA Board of Directors and planning committee is fully engaged in planning the 2008 Reunion. This year we’re celebrating the newly established cohesion between the “Greater JCSE” Family and the JCSE Veterans Association and look forward to a continuing synergy of common goals and purpose. This theme is to honor the current and past men and women of the “Greater JCSE” Family and recognize their selfless contributions to our nation’s security.
We have signed a contract with the Hyatt Regency Hotel (downtown Tampa @ the corner of Tampa and Jackson Streets) for the 2008 JSCE VA Reunion. The downtown Hyatt is around 20-years old and is undergoing a complete renovation which is almost complete at this time. The room rate is $98.00 per night not including applicable taxes and parking. The Reunion Committee is working on the menu and will have that information soon.
The agenda for the reunion should be as shown below assuming that we get all of the facilities reservations confirmed. If anyone has additional agenda items for consideration, please email one of the following committee members:
Charlie Monson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry Perry – email@example.com
Willie Stokes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Yee – email@example.com
Online signup for reunion events that can be paid via “PayPal” will be available as soon as we iron out the menu costs with the Hyatt. Reservations at the host hotel must be made directly with the hotel. Toll Free Reservation Number is: 1-800-233-1234 – Tell the operator that you are coming to the Joint Communications Support Element Veteran Association’s Reunion June 11 – 15, 2008.
The Association is encouraging everyone to please consider staying at the host hotel for as many nights as your budget will allow because we will have a contracted number of hotel nights that the association is obligated for.
The 2008 Reunion agenda so far:
* Day 1 – Wednesday – Registration – Hang out in Hospitality Room (3rd Floor)
* Day 2 – Thursday (morning) – Golf Outing @ the MacDill AFB Bay Palms Golf Course. Estimated cost $40 per person.
* Day 2 – Thursday (late afternoon) – “No Host” Cocktail Hour for original CSE @ Host Hotel (everyone is welcome to attend)
* Day 3 – Friday Morning – Visit JCSE & receive briefings & view displays
* Day 3 – Friday Afternoon – Picnic @ Coon’s Creek Facility on MacDill AFB. Estimated cost $10 per adult, $5 per child.
* Day 4 – Saturday Morning – JCSE-VA President’s Breakfast & General Membership Meeting @ Host Hotel
* Day 4 – Saturday Evening – Banquet Dinner/Dance with Greater JCSE. Live combo, dancing. Estimated cost $70 per person.
* Day 5 – Sunday Morning – Farewell Breakfast @ Host Hotel. Estimated cost $25 per person.
Other events/trips are being considered and more information on these will be forthcoming. Potential trips are:
Trip to Busch Gardens
Trip to Adventure Island
Trip to International Mall
Trip to Ellenton Outlet Mall
Star Light Princess Tampa Bay Dinner Cruise
Trip to Seminole Hard Rock Casino
Trip/Lunch at Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City
I hope that you will join us and as we come together with the Greater JCSE Family and honor OUR JCSE Men and Women.
Life Member # 11